Skip to main content

How to Add A Major or Minor

I am a CCJS major and I want to double-major (or minor) in sociology.  How do I do that?

CCJS majors who want to add a major (or minor) need to either fill out a Change of Major Form (for Non-Impacted Majors) or meet with a faculty advisor from the appropriate department (e.g. Department of Sociology) to fill out a Change of Major Form (for Impacted Majors).  The faculty advisor from an impacted program will review your Academic Requirements Report (ARR) to see if you meet the requirements for declaring the major (or minor).  If everything is in order, the faculty advisor will fill out the form for you and sign it.  Once the Registrar’s Office has reviewed and approved your appropriate Change of Major form, your new academic program will appear on your ARR.