Skip to main content

Lower Division Classes for Transfer Students

I am a student at a community college and want to transfer to Sonoma State University as a criminology and criminal justice studies major.  What lower division classes do I need to take?

No particular lower division general education courses from a community college are required to get into the CCJS major.  All the major core requirements for the Bachelor of Arts in Criminology and Criminal Justice Studies must be taken at Sonoma State University.  However, up to 12 units of Criminal Justice (CJ) or Administration of Justice (AJ) courses taken from a community college (except Life Experiene and Criminal Investigation courses) may be applied to the Criminal Justice and/or Social Science Elective requirement.