Skip to main content

Taking Additional Units

I have already registered for a total of 18 units next semester, but I want to take an additional 4-unit class.  How do I do that?  

Students who want to register for more than the maxium units set for the term need to (1) fill out a Petition to Take Additional Units, and (2) meet with their assigned CCJS faculty advisor.  Your assigned CCJS faculty advisor will review your Academic Requirements Report (ARR) and ask your reasons for wanting to take additional units.  If your assigned CCJS faculty advisor believes that you satisfy the university criteria for taking additional units, she will sign the petition and forward it to the department staff for processing. Once the Registrar’s Office has reviewed and approved the petition, you will be allowed to register for additional units.